WC Vendors Pro v1.6.0 is now available for download. This is a major point update that has some great new features, fixes and updates. Be sure to run a backup before you do anything!.
Whats New ?
This is a major update that has taken a little longer than we expected to get out due to the complexity of some of the new features we’ve added. The biggest features we’d like to highlight include a new store header for vendor stores, brand new commission types including commission tiers and category commissions. We have a new sync vendor ratings with WooCommerce ratings and more.
New Modern Store Header
After 4 years we decided it was time for our store headers to get a modern update so we have introduced a new store header design. We have left the existing one in place, however you can now choose between using three different headers
- Free the WC Vendors Marketplace
- Pro the existing WC Vendors Pro header
- Pro Modern the new WC Vendors Pro header.
New commission types
We have had requests to provide commission based tiers so that you can use rules to set commission rates based on specific options. We are happy to introduce the new commission tiers for the following
- Sales by vendor
- Sales by product
- Product Price
These different tiers are available
Sales by Vendor
This tiered system will allow you to set different commission rates based on the total sales for a vendor. This allows you to create commission systems found in the larger marketplaces currently online.
Sales by Product
This allows you to create a tiered commission system based on the total sales of a product. So that you can reward vendors based on the popularity of their specific products.
Product Pricing tiers allow you to set different commission rates based on the price of a single product. This is not for total product prices in the cart, but per product.
Product Category Commissions
We have been asked for this feature for some time now and its finally here! You can now set product category level commissions. To set the product category commissions you must have enabled single category select on the product forms.
WC Vendors > Settings > Forms > Products
Category Display – single select
Once this has been set then category commissions will be activated. As a product will only be able to have a single category which means that the category level commission will be triggered. If a product has more than one category then the category commission settings will be ignored. You can then set the category commission on the new category screen or edit category screen.
File & Disk Usage limits for vendors
We have been asked if there is a way for marketplaces to limit how many files and how much storage a vendor uses on a store and we are happy to announce that you can now set these limits. To set the storage limits you go to the following
WC Vendors > Settings > Forms > General
After you have enabled this setting you will need to display these on the vendors dashboard.
WC Vendors > Settings > Display > Pro Dashboard
Once these two settings have been configured, vendors will now get a new display on their main dashboard.
Vendor selected shipping system
We have added a new feature that allows vendors to select their shipping system in their vendor store settings. This will enable vendors to choose the shipping system that works for them without having to rely on the marketplace admin to set this up for them. You can find this new option available
WC Vendors > Settings > Forms > General
Once this is enabled, vendors will now have the option to select their own shipping type, flat rate or country rate.
Theme Support System
As of 1.6.0 we have a new theme support system that will provide support and adjustments for some of the most popular themes for WordPress and WooCommerce. Firstly we will be providing extended theme support for the following themes.
You will need to enable theme support on the following screen. WC Vendors > Settings > Display > Advanced – Theme Support. Once this is enabled you can also hook into this system to load your own theme support files.
Sync vendor ratings
This feature was contributed by Andrea Piccart from Bespoke Web Developer and allows you to enable syncing of the Vendor Ratings with the WooCommerce feedback system. You will get 2 new options on the vendor ratings settings page that allow this to be activated.
- Sync with WooCommerce Reviews
- Vendor Ratings Tab
We have addressed quite a few issues in this update.
- Product SEO fields missing on new products
- Search box styling
- Variations not assigned to vendors using WooCommerce import tool
- Show state name for shipping panels #924
- Prevent blank page after save product.
- Stock quantity is formatted as float #914
- Variation fields alignment #909
- Hide add product button only #912
- recent products widget for vendor search
- Non property on post object when vendor uses WooCommerce Search
- Missed arguments #905
- Undefined function ratings_link
- Feedback Form If star rating is not selected, text is deleted after save #552
- Form validation, wrong scroll position on error #893
- Product SEO Tab not hiding correctly #896
- Allow commas to be used in prices in the pro front-end forms #539
Templates Updated and added
The following templates have been updated and added
The Changelog for v1.6.0
* Added: Commission tiers system * Added: Product Category based commission #869 * Added: New modern store header design #930 * Added: New dashboard check method * Added: New theme support system * Added: Dashboard wrapper class filter * Added: Ability to recalculate commissions on order screens #897 * Added: Option for vendors to be able to select their own shipping type #545 * Added: Actions to signup form * Added: Sync ratings with WooCommerce feedback #902 - Thanks to Andrea Piccart * Added: File and disk usage limits for vendors #899 * Added: Filter commission arguments #906 * Added: Add form option for store opening hours #884 * Added: "Leave Feedback" buttons on the my-account/downloads page #554 * Updated: Tested to WordPress 5.2.0-Alpha * Fixed: Product SEO fields missing on new products * Fixed: Search box styling * Fixed: Variations not assigned to vendors using WooCommerce import tool * Fixed: Show state name for shipping panels #924 * Fixed: Prevent blank page after save product. * Fixed: Stock quantity is formatted as float #914 * Fixed: Variation fields alignment #909 * Fixed: Hide add product button only #912 * Fixed: recent products widget for vendor search * Fixed: Non property on post object when vendor uses WooCommerce Search * Fixed: undefined variable in template * Fixed: Missed arguments #905 * Fixed: Undefined function ratings_link * Fixed: Feedback Form If star rating is not selected, text is deleted after save #552 * Fixed: Form validation, wrong scroll position on error #893 * Fixed: Product SEO Tab not hiding correctly #896 * Fixed: Allow commas to be used in prices in the pro front-end forms #539
This update should show up in your plugins updates however if it doesn’t you can download it from your my-account/downloads page.
License Expired ? – Get 20% off your renewal
If you have any questions or issues be sure to send in a ticket.