Home Forums WC Vendors Pro Support 404 Error with Permalinks

NOTICE: We've Moved to a Ticket System for Support

As of August 31, 2017 (12am EST) our support forums will be retired (read-only), and we will be moving to a support ticket system.Β  This will allow us to better organize and answer support requests, and provide a more personalized experience as we assist our customers.

For the time being, we will leave our forums open for reading and learning while we work on creating a more robust Knowledge Base for everyone to use.

If you are a WC Vendors Pro customer please open a support ticket here. 

If you are a WC Vendors user please open a support ticket on the Wordpress.org forums.

The information on this forum is outdated and in most instances no longer relevant. Please be sure to check our documentation for the most up to date information.

https://docs.wcvendors.com/

Thank you to all of our customers!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mika28
    Participant

Hello,

This particular Permalinks scenario builds a desirable URL structure for me:

permalinks input:

Product category base: custom
    Custom Base: /custom/%product_cat%

result:

.com/custom/category/
    .com/custom/category/product/

However, it also creates the 404 error when viewing categories. Products work fine. Changing “Product category base” to something_else fixes the 404 error but creates undesirable URL structure. Not sure if it’s a bug, a shortcoming of WP, or me :). Will appreciate any help.

Thank you

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

wp-admin > Pages > All Pages > Edit the page titled “Shop” and change the slug/permalink of that page to /custom/

Then all that stuff should work just fine. πŸ™‚ That’s what “Shop Base” means. The slug of the SHOP page. πŸ™‚ By changing it to /custom/ you’re ignoring the shop layouts and nothing works.

It’s not a bug, not a shortcoming of WordPress, or a WooCommerce or a WC Vendors problem, it’s a you-configured-it-wrong problem. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Cheers

mika28
    Participant

Thanks for a quick reply.

I changed the slug of the base shop page from /shop/ to /custom/ , but it still the same story as before.
    Again, removing the word β€œcustom” and leaving the default product-category or putting something else there fixes the 404.

On a side note, in case it’s related, when clicking Sold by: Vendor link it lists all the products in the store (instead of listing only the products by that vendor ). Thanks

mika28
    Participant

I’d like to follow up on my last message. Thanks

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

I’m sorry, I thought you resolved your problem:

“Again, removing the word β€œcustom” and leaving the default product-category or putting something else there fixes the 404.”

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking if the problem is fixed?

mika28
    Participant

The “fix” creates a different (undesirable) URL structure

.com/something_else/category/

So my initial question was about how to achieve these URLs:
    .com/custom/category/

Thanks

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

That’s just how WooCommerce works. This is not WC Vendors related (at all). WooCommerce has a slug for categories, and a slug for products. I”m afraid we cant help on this one because it’s a WooCommerce issue that is not possible to actually fix.

mika28
    Participant

Ok. And how about the second issue (let me know if it needs another thread)?

Sold by: Vendor link lists all the products in the store (instead of listing only the products by that vendor in the link )

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

That’s also a WooCommerce setting. πŸ™‚

wp-admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display > Shop Page > [X] Products

If that doesnt fix it, please set a private reply with the URL that is giving you trouble and we’ll check it out and see what it is.

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

Let’s have @digitalchild look at that for you

mika28
    Participant

Thank you, here is the website: oriniq.com. (Although I guess it should be visible via the activated plugin license)

mika28
    Participant

Ben,

Thank you for fixing this and the extra tune up!

Best,
    Mik

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘WC Vendors Pro Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.