Home Forums WC Vendors Free Support Shop Description not displaying

NOTICE: We've Moved to a Ticket System for Support

As of August 31, 2017 (12am EST) our support forums will be retired (read-only), and we will be moving to a support ticket system.  This will allow us to better organize and answer support requests, and provide a more personalized experience as we assist our customers.

For the time being, we will leave our forums open for reading and learning while we work on creating a more robust Knowledge Base for everyone to use.

If you are a WC Vendors Pro customer please open a support ticket here. 

If you are a WC Vendors user please open a support ticket on the Wordpress.org forums.

The information on this forum is outdated and in most instances no longer relevant. Please be sure to check our documentation for the most up to date information.

https://docs.wcvendors.com/

Thank you to all of our customers!

 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8622
    CyberSnaby
    Participant

    Hi,
    I’m still testing this plugin but when I create a vendor and fill out the ‘Shop Description’, it doesn’t show up on their ‘Shop page’.
    The ‘Seller Info’ text shows up on the product pages though…
    Any ideas on how to fix this please?
    Thanks in advance!

    #8633
    WC Vendors Support
    Participant

    Sounds like another theme issue from the theme you’ve got.

    /home/mywebsite/public_html/wp-content/themes/mytheme/woocommerce.php

    Does this file exist?

    If the answer is YES — Your theme is not 100% WooCommerce compatible and you will need to have the theme upgraded to be fully compatible. Some theme developers just hack a WooCommerce compatibility and when they do this, that woocommerce.php file doesnt allow extra hooks into your shop pages, which are required to show the shop description. You’ll find about 75% of WooCommerce plugins will work with your theme, the other 25% will most certainly not.

    #9148
    CyberSnaby
    Participant

    Thanks for the advice Ben. Am on it with the theme developers. They’re actually being really helpful 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘WC Vendors Free Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.