By default, vendors can’t change their plan unless they cancel it and sign up for a new one. This article explains how to support upgrading/downgrading membership plans.
Enable Subscription switching
The first step we need to do is enable Subscription switching. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Subscription and change the settings as follows:
Creating a Membership Grouped product
After you enable Subscription switching, you need to create a group product and add your membership product to it.
- Go to Products > Add New
- Pick any title of your choice, “Membership plans” for example.
- Change the visibility to Hidden.
- Change Product Type to the Grouped Product
- Click on the Linked Products tab, add membership products you created in the Grouped Product field
- Publish/Update your product to enable membership downgrade/upgrade.