Although there isn’t an official integration for WC Vendors, to support our Aelia Currency Switcher, such feature is still queued. The WC Vendors team is dealing with other high priority tasks, at the moment, and this is going to delay the addition of multi-currency support.
Although we don’t have access to the WC Vendors code to implement such feature, we wanted to speed things up a bit. We started experimenting with a possible integration, which would allow WC Vendors to become multi-currency aware, by interacting with our Currency Switcher plugin. Here are some screenshots from the our tests:
- Vendor Dashboard (frontend): http://prntscr.com/en2eo3
- Vendor Dashboard (frontend), after selecting the currency: https://i.snag.gy/94y32A.jpg
- Vendor Dashboard (backend): http://prntscr.com/en2fko
- Vendor Dashboard (backend), after selecting the currency: https://i.snag.gy/nFXAZ2.jpg
- Product Editor: http://prntscr.com/en2jcx. Vendors can set the product price in each currency, and also set product’s base currency, like a “full” shop owner. No matter in which currency the product will be paid, their commission is going to be calculated in their currency of choice.
- Earned commissions (backend): http://prntscr.com/en2hn1. The order in this screenshot was completed and paid in CAD, while commissions are calculated and displayed in vendor’s chosen currency.
This is a very preliminary version of a possible integration. There is still a significant amount of work to do (e.g. commission payments are not handled, and reports don’t take into account the multi-currency aspect). As the saying goes, it’s most likely “the tip of the iceberg”, but it shows that it can be done. 🙂
- This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Diego.