Home Forums WC Vendors Pro Support 1.1.1 A shipping question

NOTICE: We've Moved to a Ticket System for Support

As of August 31, 2017 (12am EST) our support forums will be retired (read-only), and we will be moving to a support ticket system.Β  This will allow us to better organize and answer support requests, and provide a more personalized experience as we assist our customers.

For the time being, we will leave our forums open for reading and learning while we work on creating a more robust Knowledge Base for everyone to use.

If you are a WC Vendors Pro customer please open a support ticket here. 

If you are a WC Vendors user please open a support ticket on the Wordpress.org forums.

The information on this forum is outdated and in most instances no longer relevant. Please be sure to check our documentation for the most up to date information.

https://docs.wcvendors.com/

Thank you to all of our customers!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    helloand
    Participant

Hi @digitalchild & Ben Thanks you for getting this turned around so quickly, hoping it is the final piece of the jigsaw which means I can really start to trade.

One question re “including being able to sell multiple quantities of a product for the same shipping rate”

Can customers can add a variety of products from one vendor and still pay same shipping rate? Please please say yes πŸ™‚

Thanks

Jenny

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Hello @helloand

I think i’ll disappoint you.. As i found out, the multiplier works per product, not per vendor.
    So if someone buys 2 different products from one vendor the shipping cost, unfortunately, will multiply.

Also, i can’t find an option to disable the multiplier thing for a specific product. I mean, if i check the checkbox, this is applied for all products and for all vendors. Is there something i am missing @digitalchild ? You know, i am talking about the fridge thing we discussed at another thread πŸ˜‰

nikosmdtps
    Participant

One more thing.

I just checked this:

GR L 5 = working like a charm
    GR (empty) 5 = not working i think..

Can you please check?

helloand
    Participant

Thanks (sort of!!) @nikosmdtps

This doesn’t solve the problem for me in that case, how about you?

I am so far down the line with this I am not sure what to do. I really need this before my vendors give up waiting.

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Hello @helloand

It’s a partial solution for me too, but i know Ben and Jamie work too hard to help us all..
    Let them answer us, cause i maybe miss something!

Karen Thomas
    Participant

Thanks both, I’m following this one as important to me too!

helloand
    Participant

For me it needs to work in this way:

1.If a customer buys multiple products from a vendor they only pay one lot of shipping to that vendor, even if there is a variety of products.

Ideally this would be by a capped upper limit per vendor in basket.

2.If products from multiple vendors are in basket then there would be multiple shipping costs to be allocated to each vendor. (Each vendor capped as above)

Please please can you take a look at this, could do with an income πŸ™‚

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Yes this is the most suitable solution for me too.
    One more thing.. It would be very good if the admin can configure the shipping from wp-admin, because of the problem with variations. For example, if i want to disable the checkbox for a specific product (eg. a fridge) and that product has variations, i cannot do it from frontend.
    My english are not very good, so thanks for describing this @helloand .

helloand
    Participant

@nikosmdtps your English is excellent. But you are welcome. The variable product thing is a problem for me too, I have to keep correcting products when vendors (understandably) try to edit them from the frontend.

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Thanks @helloand , i understand your problem. It’s a problem for me too πŸ™‚
    The bigger problem is that i cannot add shipping specifically to variable products. And almost all my products are variable.. That’s why i ask Ben and Jamie to transfer the shipping module at the backend too. This will solve problems for many people i think. What do you say?

helloand
    Participant

@nikosmdtps I would like the variable products to be available for the vendors to set themselves at the front end as it is very labour intensive for us to have to do it and then the vendors can mess it up.

HOWEVER – failing that it would really help to have the shipping at the back end.

Jamie
    Keymaster

Hello,

At this time all shipping is at a per product basis including modifiers such as the qty. The qty will allow you to put multiple types of a single product in the order and will only be charged once for that shipping type. The reason for this is because all our commission is calculated and stored on a Per product level. So we currently cannot give per order or per vendor shipping or commission. This would require that I completely re-write the underlying commission and order handling system for free AND pro.

All pro features are focused on the frontend and writing the features so the admins can do all the work is not the aim of this plugin and pretty much requires that I do double the work for every feature which slows down development time for very little pay off. I understand that with variations this is a problem for some people but I’d rather focus all my development efforts on getting variations working on the front end instead. You as the admins should be doing as little work as possible and empower your users to look after all aspects of their store. Yes I know that’s not possible at the moment but I’m working on it.

It’s difficult to change the underlying fundamentals of the plugin so that we can support the complex requirements for some of our users while still making the system easy to use for the majority. This isn’t an easy task at all and requires a lot of thought before making a decision moving forward.

cheers,

Jamie.

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Hello Jamie

Thanks a lot for your response here. I totally understand..

One more answer please!
    I can’t find an option to disable the multiplier thing for a specific product. I mean, if i check the checkbox, this is applied for all products and for all vendors. Is there something i am missing?

helloand
    Participant

This makes it unworkable for me. I am not sure what I can do as we were definitely promised max shipping charge and this is what I was waiting for and had told my vendors was coming.

This is so disappointing, any customer will be put off buying by the multiple shipping fees they will be charged if they buy a variety of products.

Jamie
    Keymaster

Hello,

Niko, are you using country rate shipping or flat rate shipping? At the moment it only works for flat rate as I wasn’t exactly sure how I would do it with the table format, do you have one checkbox for each entry or do you have one that applies to every entry?

Jenny, I’m still trying to get a workable solution with our existing commission system so not all hope is lost yet. I have some ideas on how to force it to work with our current system but I’m not sure if it will work. I’ll know within the week if I can get around our inherited limitations.

cheers,

Jamie.

helloand
    Participant

Thanks Jamie, will keep everything crossed.

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Hello Jamie, i use country rate shipping. The checkbox i have applies to every vendor, every product (if i understood your question!).

Thanks

Jamie
    Keymaster

Niko,

Currently the qty is linked to the flat rate shipping module, the problem I have here is when using country rate where do you link it? Do you link it for each and every entry in the table or do you have a single ‘override’ below the table?

At the vendor level for flat rate it will apply to national or international on a per product basis, then there is per product overrides for the same.

Thoughts on how I would go about implementing this at a country rate level would be appreciated.

cheers,

Jamie.

nikosmdtps
    Participant

Hello again Jamie

So, with my poor english, i will try to express my thoughts:

I believe that most of the people here, need when a buyer buys for example 2 products from the same vendor –> keep shipping the same (no multiply). So, for each and every entry of the table will be ok!

That means:

Vendor 1 ships only to Greece (shipping = 6 euros)
    Vendor 2 ships only to Greece (shipping = 10 euros)

The buyer buys 1 product from vendor 1. He pays 6 euros for shipping.
    The buyer buys 3 pieces of the same product from vendor 1. He pays 6 euros for shipping.
    The buyer buys 2 different products from vendor 1. He pays 6 euros for shipping, too.

The buyer buys 1 product from vendor 1 and 1 product from vendor 2. He pays 16 euros for shipping.
    The buyer buys 3 products from vendor 1 and 2 products from vendor 2. he pays 16 euros for shipping.

There are some cases when the vendor needs to multiply the shipping (eg. when the product is something big like a fridge)
    So, at product level, the vendor should have the ability to enable the “shipping multiply”.

I don’t think that we need per country or per state ability to enable the “shipping multiply” thing. At least in my case, i totally don’t need something like this.

Karen Thomas
    Participant

Hi Jamie @DigitalChild,

I know this is a huge undertaking, but do u have any update on this one? We were originally promised a maximum shipping cost per vendor.

Many thanks,

Karen

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

There is no way to do it without completely rewritting all the orders and commission routines in Free & Pro. It’s not something we will be offering at the moment. Not till next year.

Remember: Because we say we want to code something, doesnt mean we technically can do it if we run into limitations with the underlying product we are hooking into (WooCommerce). The only features you should ever count on are the ones inside the plugin on the day you download it. Anything that comes after it has to be written from scratch, tested, and delivered, and not everything works out the way you want it to.

shareef
    Participant

Hey, so my customers are buying product and they are being charged for international shipping that I set as a default (it has not been overwritten by my vendors yet). My account settings shows my base is in the U.S. but even when a customer puts their address as U.S then they are still charged international rates and not domestic. Please advise,

shareef
    Participant

Concerning my question above (the one that’s unanswered), I figured that it processes correctly only for newly uploaded products (meaning the products that were recently uploaded after I downloaded the pro version) , but all old products (meaning the products that were already uploaded before I downloaded the pro version) still process at checking as international shipping. How do I fix this, please help!

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

@shareef please keep your questions to one thread, instead of bumping multiple threads making me do more work. It just slows us down. Ask once, we’ll see it, and reply. πŸ™‚

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘WC Vendors Pro Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.