- In WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New > Upload.
- Click Choose File and find your downloaded ZIP file.
- Activate the extension through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Configure Payment Method
You must have at least one payment method that supports a subscription for WC Vendors Membership to work. Please refer to this article to set up a payment method before doing any further.
Creating membership plans
Once the Membership plugin is activated, you need to add new membership plans for your vendors to register. The plugin needs at least one plan to function. You can add membership plans as follows:
- Go to Products > Add New or click on the link on the newly appeared notice (An admin notice will appear after you activate the membership plugin).
- Fill in the title and description of your plan.
- Choose Vendor Membership as Product type and fill out the meta boxes.
- Click the publish button to save your plan.
Now your vendors can go to Pro Dashboard > Settings > Membership to see available membership plans and register for one of them.
Meta boxes explanation:
- Product limit: Number of products the vendor can publish. 0 means that vendors can publish unlimited products.
- Commission fields: Override the commission of the vendor. These options have no effect when product commission or category commission is applied.
- Disk Usage Limit: Total size of files the vendor can upload. The unit is MB.
- File Count Limit: Number of files the vendor can upload.
- Allowed Categories: Choose categories in which the vendor can publish. Leave this field empty if you don’t want to limit the categories.
Supported Payment Gateways
You can use any payment gateway that works with WooCommerce Subscriptions. The full list of supported payment gateways for WooCommerce Subscriptions can be found here. https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/payment-gateways/
Our WC Vendors Stripe Connect gateway is also supported and recommended as this will allow you to use a single gateway to process your subscription payments, order payments, and vendor payouts.