Home Forums WC Vendors Pro Support 1.4 Update Notification

NOTICE: We've Moved to a Ticket System for Support

As of August 31, 2017 (12am EST) our support forums will be retired (read-only), and we will be moving to a support ticket system.  This will allow us to better organize and answer support requests, and provide a more personalized experience as we assist our customers.

For the time being, we will leave our forums open for reading and learning while we work on creating a more robust Knowledge Base for everyone to use.

If you are a WC Vendors Pro customer please open a support ticket here. 

If you are a WC Vendors user please open a support ticket on the Wordpress.org forums.

The information on this forum is outdated and in most instances no longer relevant. Please be sure to check our documentation for the most up to date information.

https://docs.wcvendors.com/

Thank you to all of our customers!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Pippa
    Participant

Hi @ben

On another thread you said “For this, you’d need WC Vendors Free + WC Vendors Pro ($149) + WC Vendors Pro Bookings Integration ($0 for the first 30 days its for sale, after that it’s $49 to new customers). But this requires software not written yet, because Pro v1.4.0 is not ready, nor is Bookings integration.” And somewhere else there was mention of an email notification.

Do I need to have an active pro subscription to receive the email? Mine has lapsed and I was waiting for v1.4 before resubscribing and I’m checking daily for news of the update and bookings integration. (Obsessed much??!!) Not asking ‘when’ it will be ready (although of course feel free to nominate the date.hour.minute & second of the launch if you feel inclined) just what is the best way to ensure I know as soon as it happens 🙂

Please and thank you.

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

We’ll be email bombing everyone in addition to auto updates for existing customers. 🙂 You’ll know the day it hits!

Pippa
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks!

Joe
    Participant

So excited for v1.4. It is literally going to be the final jigsaw of the marketplace puzzle !

I know everyone’s asking, but is there any realistic expectation… like early Feb, end of Feb, end of March, June ?

Some of my vendors are asking about shipping options, and being able to give them a time frame would be nice.

Cheers!

Joe

Anna

@veopolis
    I wish I could tell you- Much of the work has been completed, but there are a few things to add.
    I am also looking forward to the features that this update will include for my own marketplace (shipping!!).

If I get a rough idea as to when it’ll be ready.. any idea.. I will notify you. It is not going to be a long time- very soon 1.3.9 will be released (1.3.9 should be in the next few days), which has some bug fixes, and then v1.4.0… which will be a bigger release with features added.

tom
    Participant

Hi where do you submit a new ticket I cant see it anywhere?

Anna

@bgttm
    Hello,
    If you have a question for us, go to the appropriate forum (wc vendors free support, wc vendors pro support, etc.) and scroll to the bottom of the page; begin a new topic.

Joe
    Participant

Hi @Anna

I have seen that Ben is now hiring for a developer, which I can only think is to help ease some of the workload with regards to the ongoing updates, and particularly the all illusive Version 1.4 ! 😉

I wanted to mention that I would be happy to significantly contribute towards the completion of this Shipping Module if there’s opportunity to help pay towards it. Or even a “WC crowdfunding campaign” from WC users to complete the update!

While in the process of WC hiring a full time dev, this could provide budget for some freelance temp devs to assist Ben and Jamie, probably already working tirelessly on it, to do some of the leg work to help them finish.

I remember last year that it was originally going to be done before Xmas, and now there is no due date. I reckon this means that the v1.4 beta testing is throwing up a lot more core work to be done… hence the offer/idea to fund some temp dev hands.

Please feel free to list a ‘Product’ on the WC Plugins page entitled “Contribution $$$ to help get v1.4 done for Valentines Day” – and I’ll happily purchase 🙂

Much love and best wishes
    Joe

* I get daily emails from Customers who “can’t purchase because the shipping costs are being duplicated”, so just eager to resolve this once and for all so my new marketplace can properly start.

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

The job opening we have actually has nothing to do with Pro 1.4 or Bookings. All that job is for is integration addon coding, for addons we havent written yet but want to. New stuff, not existing stuff.

Pro 1.4.0 is actually done, we’re deep in the bookings part of it now. 🙂 If you would like 1.4.0 to beta test, remembering that beta software can break things sometimes because after all it’s not public yet but has been tested pretty reasonably, you are welcome to it. Just let me know and I’ll send the zip to you via email.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! It would be ace to beta test v1.4 … if it’s already had some decent testing fingers crossed it will work 99%

Please send the zip to [email protected] and i’ll give it a whirl !

Cheers

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

sent!

Joe
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just been playing with the Beta v1.4 … and been told to report any bugs / issues here:

In a nutshell the ONLY Shipping Prices being shown are the Defaults as set in wp-admin/woocommerce/Settings/Vendor Shipping, where it says =

“This shipping module is for your vendors to input their own shipping prices on their Pro Dashboard.

The prices you enter below for Product Cost will only be used if a vendor has not entered their own prices on their Pro Vendor Dashboard.”

This is not happening, as I’m testing with adding Products to cart, all of which have different Shipping costs set at Vendor Store Level and at Product Level. All costs being ignored… only wp-Admin defaults are being shown.

Additionally whilst it is only showing the default wp-admin fees (for National and International), all other features below are not working:
    – Product qty override
    – Minimum shipping charged (per vendor)
    – Maximum shipping charged (per vendor)
    – Maximum product shipping
    – Free shipping order (per vendor)
    – Free shipping product (per product)

I’m testing on a staging site, and removed all sided plugins to test.

Whoever this is relevant to for beta testing, please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

Anna

@veopolis
    Thank you- I will be testing 1.4 BETA also so I will keep this in mind when I do my testing.

Nofski
    Participant

guys!

hook me up!

there is nothing more than I love doing than testing! 🙂

Nofski
    Participant
    Nofski
    Participant

err

am I allowed the beta zip. You know im good for the money, i was just trying to save pennies and was gonna upgrade my licence when 1.4 was released.

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

Sent!

Nofski
    Participant

is it actually sent ben or one of your pretend sends?

😀

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

That’s a real send! I even attached the zip file and all that stuff too! 🙂

Nofski
    Participant

all my pof emails are coming through 🙂 not the zip file. I will see if I have accidently blocked you. don’t think I could have though.

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

I triple checked, sent attachment to the email address you quoted here. I’ll send it from a different email account now, too, just in case.

Nofski
    Participant

could just be stuck. i will wait it out or you could try

Nofski
    Participant
    WC Vendors Support
    Participant

Done, sent there, too.

Nofski
    Participant

wohooo! got it. interesting to the second email account

Nofski
    Participant

I concur with joe – my very brief play around shows no shipping methods available. no plugins and storefront theme running. shipping cache turned off.

Joe
    Participant

is this a WC in-joke? 😀 have we been sent a false beta with the dashboard entries but no functionality ?

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

No, you’ve been sent what is the current beta. Anna and I havent done testing on it yet. It’s just there, as is, untested, waiting to be tested after jamie finishes bookings support.

What’s the problem? I dont know. It’s beta. 🙂

Nofski
    Participant

so going back to this beta testing.

Dont know if this is any help

my set up is a clone of my live site but with loads of extra guff that I am testing.

on first install of the beta plugin all the shipping settings showed up fine.

it didnt work out of the box with all the plugins and themes intact.

disabled all plugins – still same message no shipping available on checkout

disabled theme – as above

reset stuff – following error message

Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /home/gutterti/public_html/dev/files/plugins/wc-vendors-pro/includes/class-wcvendors-pro.php on line 531

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/gutterti/public_html/dev/files/plugins/wc-vendors-pro/includes/class-wcvendors-pro.php:531) in /home/gutterti/public_html/dev/files/plugins/wc-vendors/class-wc-vendors.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/gutterti/public_html/dev/files/plugins/wc-vendors-pro/includes/class-wcvendors-pro.php:531) in /home/gutterti/public_html/dev/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

I will do a fresh cloning over the weekend and continue testing

Anna

This is a very beta– like DELTA version.. I am not sure how ready for testing it actually is. But, hey, always good to test.
    Pretty much the whole shipping part was non-functional/not saving any values when I worked with it- but I spent a whole 3 minutes looking at it as I am working on some other things…
    When I see Jamie online I will ask him what’s up.

Marcus
    Participant

I’d be really keen to help test this beta version as shipping is the one problem area I have with an otherwise brilliant plugin – please feel free to fire it over and I’ll feedback

Angel Chacon
    Participant

Please can I get a test to test?

I would love to participate in the tests, thank you very much

My email: [email protected]

Jamie
    Keymaster

Hello,

v1.4.0 should be functioning as I do all my development on the latest version of 1.4 development branch for all my coding. I pretty much rewrote how the shipping module works in 1.4 so it’s possible something isn’t functioning. But all my testing it was working as it should.

@nofski

That error is referencing the setting of existing commissions. Did you by any chance install pro before configuring free? It needs to get the complete free options from the wp_options table for this. If this value ‘wc_prd_vendor_options’ doesn’t exist in the database than this will error out. If that value doesn’t exist then you need to save the wc vendors settings at least once to stop that error.

@veopolis

If you’d like to tell me exactly what isn’t working then I can look into it. I’m not entirely sure what you have and haven’t configured to not return any shipping fees.

cheers,

Jamie.

Joe
    Participant

Hi @digitLchild

thanks. It’s encouraging to know that it works on your side, so There should be a way to fix on ours.

Firstly I assume my setup is correct, because v1.39 works fine now. But when I went to v1.4 not a single Shipping feature was functional. None of the Vendor store defaults, or the Vendor product level shipping costs. And none of the max shipping, Free over xx etc. They seemed to be saving, and entries were populated with shipping values- but they weren’t being used on the front end.

On the front end all that happened is that the shipping prices just reverted to showing the WooComm Admin defaults (for national or international.) Also the “charge once per product” wasn’t even working from the Admin defaults. So 5 x quantity of the exact same product in Cart showed a 5 x shipping cost.

So as @Nofski and @Fervous also said, v1.4 appeared to have zero functionality. We each tested on diffeeent staging sites, and tried removing plugins, swapping to standard Themes etc. But v1.4 seemed to just add the entries for the new features, but wasn’t functioning.

If there’s any debug plugins that I can use to show you some errors, or screen grabs please let me know. And this might let me provide some actual code conflict details that is rendering the v1.4 non-functional.

I can even provide temp Admin logins if you want to have a quick look to find the issue, as I really need to get this up and running asap.

Cheers
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

^^ Sorry typo, I mean @digitalchild

Nofski
    Participant

@digitalchild

hi jamie

the cloned site i use really has been abused so I don’t know what I’ve done with it. I was sort of just reporting that message rather than trying to interpret it or say anything about it. Thought it might be helpful as snapshot of something.

I will do a fresh install shortly but even that’s not as straightforward for me anymore, as I think my cloned sites images are linked to the real site through a cloud based plugin. So if I delete the cloned site, the product images on the real site will disappear! Typical!

Nicklas ANvig
    Participant

Hi Guys….

Am loving the plugin’s 🙂

Do you need more beta (delta) tester)

// Nicklas

Anna

@nicklasanvig
    We’ll let you know if we do- at this time we are not quite there.. but may need some serious testing done very soon. Thank you!

Joe
    Participant

@fervous

hey, just checking in for any updates on v1.4 – any testing required, or new beta / charlie / delta versions available ?

joe

Anna

Joe,
    haha- no, there’s no alphabetic test versions .. not right at this time…
    Jamie is working hard to make sure we are all set for the new WooCommerce 2.7 at the moment so we are compatible and everyone’s site does not implode…
    So not any new developments quite yet- but it’s all going to be coming together soon!

Maxx
    Participant

Hi,
    is there any update when the 1.4 release date will be?
    and also: is the woocommerce bookings also compatible with the 1.4 release?
    thanks

Nofski
    Participant

maxx 1.4 will not be compatible with bookings and is ready now. oh no wait! read the 10 000 forum posts explaining time and time again.

Maxx
    Participant

thanks for the (friendly) answer 😉 but jokes aside: i did read before i wrote that 1.4 will come somewhen around now….but would very much appreciate if you could provide any kind of timeline for the bookings integration (e.g.: in a month…..maybe by end of the year…. something like that.

Joe
    Participant

hi @MAXX I’d have to reiterate the accurate point made by @NOFSKI . V1.4 was originally proposed to arrive before Christmas, and has been continuously pushed back. As of Anna’s update (found just 4 posts above this one) there is no expected release date, or Beta versions available and we are now in March – so I wouldn’t hold your breath. Currently there are 2 projects being worked on that we know of:

– “Jamie is working hard to make sure we are all set for the new WooCommerce 2.7 at the moment so we are compatible and everyone’s site does not implode…”
    – and see the Stripe Gateway plugin support page, to see that the plugin has some critical errors that are also still yet to be addressed

So there’s every likelihood that it will be summer before v1.4 emerges

Shibu I
    Participant

Ben I’m a WC vendors pro subscribe still running tests on my site. We are excited about the WC + Bookings integration. Can you send me 1.4 (Bookings integration)? I’ll be happy to test!

WC Vendors Support
    Participant

Pro v1.4.0 + Pro Bookings (a separate plugin, free) will both be released on March 14th. On that day, WooCommerce 2.7.0 will also be released. Here’s the fun:

WooCommerce 2.7.0 is re-doing a ton of stuff. WC Vendors Pro v1.4.0 will require WooCommerce 2.7.0. The Bookings plugin will also require Pro v1.4.0.

So, on March 14th:

– Update WooCommerce to v2.7.0
    – Update WC Vendors Free to vx.x.x whatever it is
    – Update WC Vendors Pro to v1.4.0
    – Download & Install WC Vendors Pro Bookings Integration from wcvendors.com which you wont see till the day of release.

YES — MARCH 14TH 2017AD. NO — NO SPECIFIC TIME — ONLY AFTER WOO RELEASES WOO 2.7.0. 🙂

Pippa
    Participant

WOO HOO!! YAYYYY!! YIPPEE!!!

Nicholas
    Participant

+1 on the firm date. Finally! Only been waiting a year for this. 😀

Shibu I
    Participant

Yayyyyy! Thanks Ben 🙂 I’m really looking forward to this update!

Chris Lin
    Participant

is WC Vendors Pro Bookings the addon that connects WooCommerce Bookings seamlessly or a separate plugin? This way I know if I can look at featurelist for WooCommerce Bookings or wait for the list to come out on your end.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘WC Vendors Pro Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.